Wednesday, June 27, 2018

From the begining

So today I have launched a new page titled what is ADHD for an adult. Something I really should have put in first but I really wanted to put more time and energy in getting this done right. It is still more of a summary but I really wanted to put something which not only gives someone without the disorder an insight into what it is like with ADHD, but also if you a person who is not sure if you have the condition, it might give you something which makes you think, yes I have these issues.

I will in future posts put in more details as to how to check yourself out before having to see a doctor, but for now I just wanted to give an overview. Something I wanted to point out though you may notice sometimes in the article I will switch between ADHD and ADD, there is a reason for this, as adults tend to not be effected by the hyperactive part of the disorder due to the brain development catching up so really as adults we have attention deficit or in Dr Barkleys theory IDD which means inhibition deficit, as self control is one of the biggest issues.

Please have a read and if you have any questions please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment