Saturday, July 14, 2018

The best person to work for is yourself.

Since I was little I have always liked the idea of being my own boss, as a small boy, I used to pretend to run a shop using my bed as a shop counter. When I was in high school, the careers adviser asked me what I wanted to do and I, of course, wanted to run my own business. Now for many years I never got close to starting my own business, job hopping from one to the next, it wasn't until I found out about my ADHD did I really start to look into my life and what I really wanted to do. It was here that I actually started a business, dropping out of a boring admin job to start a new life, selling potatoes. To put some clarity onto this it was a catering business selling hot potatoes and I went far to fast without any proper research, and thus failed in less than six months.

However what I learnt from this experience was that working for myself was exactly what I needed. The pressure that everything relied on me kept me focused on getting an income, and the fact that I had nobody to report to, except myself was such an amazing feeling of freedom. Before I had started this I had worked in a company which frankly bullied staff, so to now being totally free to call my own shots was an addictive feeling. I had just picked the wrong business for me to work in, and if anyone ever wanted to know what it is like to be a mobile caterer please let me know.

However the point I really wanted to make it this. For a person who has the difficulties of ADHD being able to work around it in your own time is something that should really be recommended. There are of course many different possibilities with this depending on your circumstances, such as for example food catering, making craft items and selling them on Etsy, even cleaning wheely bins, there are businesses for pretty much anything. The important thing is though you will have the chance to manage yourself, and this from experience is one of the best ways to manage your ADHD. having to manage your own life or face the consequences is really effective cognitive therapy.

So take control of your own fate I promise you will not regret it.

http://4a5ecc2ex3vl2r6l0y4jiwy47e.hop.clickbank.net/

2 comments:

  1. at least you tried the spud business you don't known until you try people don't always get it right first your success because you tried

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it didn't work, but I learned from it. From that I am currently working on a totally different business now, helping others succeed.

      Thanks for the comment

      Delete